Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day happens to fall on the anniversary of my second son Kasimir's birth. He was born May 13, 2003 and died the next day. I think about his short life and a terrible ache clenches my heart. Although the scars tragedy leaves behind are reminders of my struggle, death hasn't beaten me. Death has stolen my angel - three of my angels, but it (death) hasn't bound me with unforgiveness or, it's close cousin, bitterness. I'm not clothed in anger or fear. I refuse to drown in guilt or remain paralyzed by pain.

Instead, I hold the memories of my precious children close as I rise above the ashes. I can't change what has happened, but with each day I have looked for ways to replace the sorrow with joy. And to reclaim life more abundantly.

I encourage you to do the same. As we well know, life is fleeting. Make the most of the days until our blessed reunion with our little ones.

Hugs,

Sharee

No comments: