Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Infertility Resolved (for one couple anyway)

A friend sent me an amazing story of hope featured on the Today show October 12. Kathy and Rob Adzich lost three babies within three years. (Their story is similar to my own - in that respect) ... but amazingly a nurse at the hospital offered to be a surrogate to the Adzich's. They now have three children through the love and generosity of a stranger!

I think of how many women have offered to be a surrogate for me ... My sisters, friends and even my Mary Kay consultant! I never took any up on their offers. I chose to suffer. Maybe it's due to my own fears, my hope to bear my own children or something else. I don't know.

I do know that I'm wowed by this couple's courage to trust and believe that they could - and would - have a family. Watch the clip here.

No comments: